Funding may be claimed only for events and people for which approval was explicitly granted beforehand. If you spend money without getting approval for it, then that's your problem. You won't get the money back!
Please use one Expense Invoice form per event.
Print or write clearly using block capitals on the form if we cannot read it we cannot pay it.
Expense claims must be submitted within one calendar month of expenses being incurred . After this date, it's your problem. You won't get the money back!
Where a grant award system is not used, AgentLink III uses a daily allowance system as an upper limit. If you decide to stay in a hugely expensive hotel, that costs twice the daily allowance, then that's your problem. You won't get the money back!
Don't even think about business/first class travel.
1. AgentLink III is governed by the IST thematic network rules for allowable expenses. The purpose of these notes is to explain these rules as simply as possible.
2. The general procedure for claiming expenses is as follows:
the AgentLink III management committee agrees in principle to fund some activity by some nodes in the form of a grant or daily allowance;
the EC are contacted (by the network coordinator) with a request for approval of expenses;
if the EC gives approval, then the coordinator informs the nodes that approval has been granted;
the activity takes place;
an Expense Invoice is sent to the coordinator using the above form, by Agentlink Members for whom expenses were agreed; Original receipts only, credit card receipts are not sufficient.
The University of Liverpool verifies the invoice and issues payment by cheque or by bank transfer, as indicated by claimant.
3. FOR NON UK RESIDENTS ALL INVOICES MUST BE IN EUROs.
4. CLAIMANTS FROM THE UK MUST QUOTE THEIR EXPENSES IN GBP AND INCLUDE THEIR NATIONAL INSURANCE NUMBER.
5. Travel: Actual travel expenses may be claimed between the usual place of work of the claimant and the meeting place, on production of supporting documents, subject to the limits set out below.
If the distance by rail is greater than 400km or the journey includes a sea crossing, travel by air is acceptable.
For journeys by air, the amount accepted shall not exceed the economy class airfare and the cheapest price (APEX, PEX or "excursion") must be sought.
Where a journey is undertaken by car, the amount accepted shall equal the price of a standard class train ticket (including compulsory travel supplements) for the journey.
6. Subsistence expenses when a daily allowance has been allocated: The basic rule is that there is a limit to funding provided in relation to the duration of visit, for which a daily allowance is allocated. All subsistence expenses (such as hotel bill, dinner, taxis etc) must be met through this, and only the actual expenses will be reimbursed. This daily allowance is allocated as follows:
Euro 75 per meeting day when residence is < 50 km, without exceptions;
Euro 150 per meeting day when residence is > 50 km, with the following exceptions according to arrival date and departure date.
The number of daily allowances is computed as follows:
i. Arrival meeting day, departure meeting day: 1 full allowance.
ii. Arrival meeting day, departure day after meeting day: 1 full allowance.
iii. Arrival day before meeting day, departure meeting day: 1 full allowance.
iv. Arrival day before meeting day, departure day after meeting day: 1.5 full allowance.
v. Arrival Saturday before meeting day, departure meeting day: 2 full allowances.
vi. Arrival Saturday before meeting day, departure day after meeting day: 2.5 full allowances.
vii. Arrival meeting day, departure Sunday after meeting day: 2 full allowances.
viii. Arrival day before meeting day, departure Sunday after meeting day: 2.5 full allowances.
Points (v), (vi), (vii), and (viii) are applicable whenever the airfare is APEX, PEX or Excursion which implies a stay on site on Saturday night. It is only valid for meetings starting on Monday or finishing on Friday. Non- APEX, PEX or Excursion fares will be reimbursed, however the allowances in points (v), (vi), (vii), and (viii) will not then apply (i-iv will be applied).
2-day Meeting: Same rules as for 1-day meeting but add 1 full allowance (Euro 150) in each case.
3-day Meeting: Same rules as for 1-day meeting but add 2 full allowances (Euro 300) in each case.
4-day Meeting: Same rules as for 1-day meeting but add 3 full allowances (Euro 450) in each case.
6. S up porting evidence of expenses must be supplied , as must tickets and invoices for air/train fares, credit card receipts are not sufficient.
7. There can be no negotiation over these rates. Any discrepancy between expenses incurred by an individual and the amounts reimbursed through AgentLink III are a matter for the individual and/or their institution.
8. Given its responsibilities as coordinating contractor of AgentLink III, the University of Liverpool reserves the right to refuse settlement of all or part of any claim deemed excessive or unwarranted.
9. Swiss members are not currently eligible for reimbursement from EC funds.
10. Requests for reimbursement must be sent by post (in clear hardcopy format) to:
To claim your expenses, use the AgentLink II expense claim forms:
The University of Liverpool
Room 8.01, Chadwick Building
Liverpool L69 7ZF
The preference is for you to complete the expense claim form by editing the MS Word version; if you can't do this, then please print off the PDF version and type your claim onto it. If you really must write then write in block capitals, in black ink. Ensure that your entry is entirely clear, (particularly figures), or it will be returned.