Membership Details (University/College)
Contact: Mihaela Oprea, Professor
Member node: 052
Bd. Bucuresti Nr. 39
>>> Include yourself at this organisation
>>> Update your name or personal details listed below
>>> Submit papers, projects etc to the archive
>>> Update Member Description or Contact details
II. Teaching activity in the agent-related area
At the University of Ploiesti
Since 1995, Professor Oprea is teaching courses of Artificial Intelligence that contain modules dedicated to Intelligent Agents Theory and Applications. Two volumes of the textbook Artificial Intelligence were published in 1998 and 1999, respectively.
Mihaela Oprea, 2002, Adaptability in Agent-Based Electronic Commerce Negotiation, at the 20th International Conference Applied Informatics – AI – International Symposium on Artificial Intelligence and Applications, Innsbruck, Austria, 18-21 February 2002.
III. Research activity
Themes of research:
1. Adaptability in Multi-Agent Systems – special emphasize on Adaptability in Agent-Based E-Commerce Negotiation (2000 - 2003) – in February 2002 we have prepared and submitted a FP5 project proposal, ANAMEC (Adaptive Negotiation in Agent-Mediated Electronic Commerce), in collaboration with The Austrian Artificial Intelligence Institute, Viena, Austria, Institute ‘Josef Stefan’, Department of Intelligent Systems, Ljubljana, Slovenia, and Faculdade de Engenharia da Universidade do Porto, Portugal.
2. Modelling a Virtual Enterprise as a Multi-Agent System (2002 - 2004)
3. Applications of Multi-Agent Systems (in Environmental Protection, Education) started in 2003
IV. Other agent-related activity (e.g. research grants, summer school, reviewer, project diploma, PhD student)
1. Mihaela Oprea, January - July 2000, 6 months research grant funded by The Romanian Ministry of Education and Research (MEC) at CSIC-IIIA – Artificial Intelligence Research Institute, Barcelona, Spain – Study of Negotiation Strategies in Agent-Based E-Commerce.
2. Mihaela Oprea has attended the 3rd European Agent Systems Summer School – ACAI’01 –EASSS2001, Prague, Czech Republic, July 2001.
3. Mihaela Oprea is a member of the Programme Committee as a reviewer for several international conferences in the area of Artificial intelligence on topics that include Intelligent Agents and Multi-Agents Systems (e.g. The 19th ACM Symposium on Applied Computing - SAC 2004, March 14-17, 2004, Nicosia, Cyprus, Special Track on Agents, Interactions, Mobility, and Systems, The symposium Agent Theory to Agent Implementation – AT2AI-4, Aprilie 2004, Viena, The 1st IFIP International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Applications in Industry – AIAI 2004, August 2004, Toulouse, France, The IASTED International Conference on Artficial Intelligence and Applications – AIA 2004, Feb. 2004, Innsbruck, Austria, The 3rd and 4th IASTED International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Applications – AIA 2003, AIA 2004, September 2003, September 2004, Benalmadena, Spain).
4. Currently, professor Mihaela Oprea is supervising one project diploma with the theme in the area of Intelligent Agents (Applying the Intelligent Agents Approach to Mobile Robot Navigation).
5. At University of Ploiesti there is one PhD student, Adrian Mihalcea (supervised by Professor Stelian Dumitrescu), working in the area of Mobile Robot Navigation, and which uses the Intelligent agents approach.
Adaptation Strategies in Multi-Agent Systems.
The Romanian Journal of Informatics and Automation (Revista Romana de Informatica si Automatica), 13 (3).
Coordination in an Agent-Based Virtual Enterprise.
Studies in Informatics and Control, 12 (3).
The Agent-Based Virtual Enterprise.
Economy Informatics, 3 (1).
An Adaptive Negotiation Model for Agent-Based Electronic Commerce.
Studies in Informatics and Control, 11 (3).
The Architecture of a Shopping Agent.
Economy Informatics, 2 (1).
The Use of Adaptive Negotiation by a Shopping Agent in Agent-Mediated Electronic Commerce.
Proceedings of the 3rd International Central and Eastern European Conference on Multi-Agent Systems, CEEMAS03.
Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence (2691).
Springer Verlag, Berlin, Germany, .
Adaptability and Embodiment in Agent-Based E-Commerce Negotiation.
Proceedings of the International Workshop Adaptability and Embodiment Using Multi-Agent Systems, AEMAS 2001.
, Prague, Czech Republic, .
Modeling University Course Time-Table Scheduling as a Multi-Agent System.
, Ploiesti, Romania.
VIRT_CONSTRUCT: An Agent-Based Virtual Enterprise.
, Ploiesti, Romania.
This list was generated on Mon Sep 10 16:38:47 BST 2007.